'Twilight' Actress Ashley Greene Reveals Fitness Secrets

Ashley GreeneAshley Greene has said - after posing for a magazine in a skimpy bikini - that she has no desire to be stick-thin.

She revealed: 'A lot of people like to be super-tiny, but I don't want a child's body - I want a woman's body that is extremely fit. It's so much sexier.'

The 23-year-old actress shares her fitness secrets with Women's Health.

In it, she describes the gruelling exercise routine that gave her the toned body she shows off in the latest Twilight movie, Eclipse.

'My body holds muscle really easily and I tend to bulk up [if I'm always lifting] weights,' the 5ft 5in beauty says.

So, during breaks in filming, Greene says she would do interval training including squats, abdominal planks and lifting kettle bells.

'I did side-planks for my obliques, which are one of my trouble areas,' she said. 'And traditional planks tone your back so you don't have that little bit of fat hanging over your bra. Ugh!'

Greene says she even arranged squat contests among her female co-stars.

When she's not training for the Twilight movies, Greene takes a more relaxed approach to exercise, doing Pilates or running three to five miles, three to five days a week.

'You put on your headphones and go off into your own little world,' says the actress who likes to run in a canyon near her Los Angeles home.

'If you're running outside and you have a beautiful view, you have this sense of being free.'

0 comments:

Expert Beauty Tips