How to be Stylish During Pregnancy

Q: What are some favorite accessorizing tips?

A: Long, layered necklaces. In pregnancy, you never want to wear a choker. You want to wear necklaces that create verticality. It's a trick of the eye and also creates a focal point. One of my other favorite, favorite tricks is scarves, long scarves. In the first trimester, they cover your belly and kind of mask your mound until you're ready to spill the beans.

Stylish Tips During PregnancyQ: What key pieces should every pregnant woman invest in?

A: The five key pieces are a long Lycra tank top, a pair of leggings, a pair of maternity jeans, a multitasking black dress - empire waist is preferable- and a black maternity pencil skirt. What's so cool about the maternity pencil skirts is that you can add the black tank top and create this column effect where it just looks like a really tight dress. So the whole trick is buying these basics that are fade-into-the-woodwork boring, but fit well. And then you bump them up - that's why I named (the book that) - with accessories.

Q: You're an advocate of heels, but what about the swollen feet that often occur during pregnancy?

A: You don't have to wear a spike heel. You can wear a slide. You can wear a clog. You can wear a cowboy boot. You can wear a kitten heel. There are so many options. Heels don't mean spike heels. Heels just mean having a lift, getting that height, elongating your silhouette. You should wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say, "How can I be a long, lean baby-making machine?" It takes just as much time to make a bad fashion decision as it does to make a good fashion decision.

Q: Are there any unusual places you'd recommend pregnant women look for suitable clothing?

A: One of my favorite places to go shopping is the swim department. The swim department of any department store has Versace-esque, Cavalli-esque (tunics). It's gauzy, it's perfect for summer.

Q: You're the mother of two kids. What was your favorite part about being pregnant?

A: Two things. First of all, I'm not a big eater. So I loved having cravings. I loved it. And also, I rose to the occasion. I stepped right up to the fashion plate. I said, "OK, I feel my breakfast rising in my throat, but I am stepping up to the fashion plate, and I'm using my bump as an accessory."

0 comments:

Expert Beauty Tips