Katie Price Slammed Over Sunbed Endorsement

Katie PriceKatie Price has caused a row with health experts for describing her regular use of sunbeds as an essential part of her beauty regime.

The star says that toasting herself under skin-ageing UV lights is, ironically, one of the most important secrets of her skincare system.

The model - who's boyfriend Alex Reid is currently also sporting a fake-tanned looked on Celebrity Big Brother - says she gave up using tan out of a bottle because she didn't like the smell.

She also recommends the use of Botox around the eyes to get rid of wrinkles.

Katie bigs-up Botox and sunbeds in her latest book Standing Out, out in paperback this March, which is described by publishers as "revealing all her top tips on looking and feeling good."

The glamour model, also known as Jordan, says: "Looking after my skin is not my strong point but the two things that do make my skin look better are sunbeds and Botox.

"I used to use spray tan but it stinks so now I use sunbeds. I know people say they’re dangerous and can give you skin cancer but I don’t smoke, I hardly drink and we’ve all got to die of something, so that’s just my choice.

"I get my forehead and around my eyes Botoxed every six months and I love it. You can’t beat it. It just freezes all the wrinkles and that’s what you want but I’d never have a full face lift, I’ve seen what they can do to people and I don’t want to go through that."

But Julie Barratt, of government health watchdog the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, was furious that Katie - a role-model for many impressionable teens - gave such advice.

She said: "Whilst Jordan is right to say that we all have to die of something, it is reckless to say that the risk of skin cancer is one that she is prepared to take.

"Skin cancer is the fastest-growing cancer in the UK and the most common in young people – to advocate behaviour that is acknowledged as being a risk factor is glib.

"Each individual must make their own life style choices, but the CIEH strongly urges individuals to consider the very real risks to their health associated with use of sunbeds and to protect their health rather potentially compromise it. If people want the appearance of a suntan fake is better than bake, and safer as well.

0 comments:

Expert Beauty Tips